GREAT FALLS — A Wolf Point man who admitted to seriously injuring an infant on the Fort Peck Indian Reservation was sentenced today to 40 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release, Acting U.S. Attorney Leif M. Johnson said.
Charles Connor Clark, 27, pleaded guilty on Feb. 17 to assault resulting in serious bodily injury as charged in a superseding information.
Chief U.S. District Judge Brian M. Morris presided. Clark was detained.
In court documents filed in the case, the government alleged that in November 2017, the FBI was notified that an infant, identified as John Doe, had been flown from Wolf Point, on the Fort Peck Indian Reservation, to a hospital in Billings. The victim appeared to have suffered life-threatening, non-accidental injuries. Doctors informed agents that John Doe’s injuries were classic signs of physical abuse. When interviewed, the victim’s mother said Clark had told her the victim had vomited, that he was trying to burp him and that the victim had choked.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Lori H. Suek prosecuted the case, which was investigated by the FBI and Fort Peck Tribal Law Enforcement.
Watch informative PSAs
produced by this District on
priorities and programs.
Training and seminars for Federal, State, and Local Law Enforcement Agencies.
Help us combat the proliferation of sexual exploitation crimes against children.
The post Infant assault sends Wolf Point man to prison for 40 months appeared first on Shore News Network.