Generator blamed for carbon monoxide death of three at country music festival

WOODSTOCK TOWNSHIP, MI – On July 17th at approximately 1:27 pm Lenawee County Central Dispatch received a 911 call regarding unresponsive persons at a campground In Woodstock Township, Michigan at the Michigan Speedway during the Faster Horses Festival.

Emergency Medical Responders and Sheriff Deputies responded to the campground at the corner of US-12 and Brooklyn Highway and found five males In their early 20s inside the travel trailer, all unresponsive. Further medical staff arrived on the scene and began administering CPR.

Three of the males were pronounced dead at the scene and two were transported by ambulance to a local hospital In critical condition and being treated for acute carbon monoxide poisoning. According to Sheriff Investigators, the caller was a friend of the five males and became concerned when he had not heard from them.

This tragic incident is being investigated as a suspected carbon monoxide exposure from a generator located very near the travel trailer. Lenawee County Sheriff’s Office, Michigan State Police, Jackson County Sheriffs Office, Cambridge Township Fire, LCA, Addison Fire, JCA, Lenawee County Medical Examiner and Jackson County Medical Examiner all responded. First Responders stress the importance of keeping generators away from camping areas, tents, t ravel tra ilers, etc. as well as exhaust fumes from running vehicles.

The post Generator blamed for carbon monoxide death of three at country music festival appeared first on Shore News Network.