INDIAN RIVER COUNTY, FL – A dozen registered sex offenders and predators living in Indian River County were arrested for various violations during the Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Special Victims Unit’s Operation Clean Sweep.
Our agency routinely performs such operations with the support of the U.S. Marshals Service, which provides man-power and funding for overtime and equipment.
Operation Clean Sweep occurred over a total of 11 days during the course of five weeks in May and June.
Violations those arrested were accused of making include failure to register, failure to report vacating residence, failure to report address change or phone number or vehicles or job.
The Sheriff’s Office conducts these types of operations outside of regular working hours, which allows for more concentrated effort – but results in overtime.
The U.S. Marshals Service provided $7,100 in overtime pay as well as $6,900 in forensic equipment and a tablet for use in the field.
The Sheriff’s Office encourages residents who know a registered sex offender or predator is violating their terms of release to contact Sgt. Jeremy Shepherd or Detective Cristal Perez by calling (772) 569-6700.
To see if there are registered sex offenders or predators living near you, visit the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s website – https://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/sops/home.jsf
The following are those arrested on violations:
• Michael Lee Smith, 66, 7645 58th Ave., Vero Beach – Posted bond: $30,000 – Original Offense: West Virginia Feb. 1982, – First degree sexual abuse.
• Ricky Gerard Johnson, 50, 1110 27th St., Vero Beach – Held without bond – Original Offense: Indian River County, March 2005 – Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors 16/17 years old.
• Reynold Lewis Rolle, 54, 1120 24th Place, Vero Beach – Posted bond: $5,000 – Original Offense: Indian River County, Nov. 1996 – Lewd/lascivious child under 16.
• Curtis Tate, 60, 4391 31st Ave., Vero Beach – Held without bond – Original Offense: Indian River County, Aug. 1997 – Sexual battery with weapon/force and kidnapping, commit or facilitate commission of felony.
• Thimber Calo Galang, 30, 1726 24th St., Vero Beach – Transferred to other jurisdiction – Original Offense: St. Lucie County, April 2015 – 5 counts Possession of photo/picture showing sexual performance by a child.
• Thomas Pete Cyr, 57, 8050 US 1, Vero Beach – Transferred to other jurisdiction – Original Offense: Broward County, March 2005 – Lewd/lascivious molestation victim under 12 years, offender 18 or older.
• Michael Paul Reynolds, 45, 3115 2nd St., Vero Beach – Posted bond: $3,500 – Original Offense: Indian River County, Nov. 1999 – Procuring a person under age 18 for prostitution; Subsequent Offense: June 2012 – Send minor harmful information and Lewd/lascivious conduct victim under 16 years old by offender 18 years old or older.
• Jeffrey Patrick Carrigan, 48, 14415 US 1, Room 118, Sebastian – Bond: $10,000 – Original Offense: Connecticut, April 1999 – Sex offense Injury or risk of injury to impairing morals of children.
• Carlos Juan Almanza, 33, 59 Oak St., Fellsmere – Posted bond: $10,000 – Original Offense: Indian River County, Oct. 2012 – Lewd/lascivious battery/sex with victim 12-15 years old.
• Michael Dwayne Kinsler, 39, 836 10th Court, Vero Beach – Released: Time Served – Original Offense: Indian River County, Sept. 2002 – Lewd/lascivious battery on victim 12-15 years old.
• John Willie Gilmore, 63, 8526 61st Dr., Vero Beach – Held without bond – Original Offense: Indian River County, March 1998 – Lewd/lascivious child under 16.
• Omar Quinones Velez, 46, 944 Blossom Dr., Sebastian – Posted bond: $2,000 – Original Offense: Miami-Dade, Nov. 1997 – Lewd/lascivious child under 16.
The post Dozen sex offenders rounded up in Indian River County appeared first on Shore News Network.