Buffalo radio host Rob Lederman of 97 Rock was fired Wednesday after making racists comments about Serena Williams Halle Berry and Gayle King.
“I may get into trouble for this,” Lederman in an audio released by TMZ. “I have them [toaster settings] to the attractiveness of women that I find to be attractive.”
Lederman was talking about the darkness level of his toaster and comparing it to skin color of black women in America.
As advertisers pulled their sponsorships, Pegulua Sports & Entertainment parted ways with the host.
“I never saw myself as anything close to even thinking a racist thought,” he said afterward. “It’s just not who I am. So when I heard that, and heard how it sounded, I was like, ‘Oh, my God, that sounds terrible.’ Now, can I take back those words? No. If you listen to them, were they meant to be hurtful? Absolutely not.”
- Where does New York City’s Garbage Go?
- Buffalo radio host fired for comparing black women’s skin color to settings on a toaster
- Repeat child pornography offender from Stamford going to prison for 17 years
- Rochester BLM protester gets year in prison for setting fire during peaceful protest
- Goethals or Geothals? New Yorkers upset over bridge misspelling on new sign
Source: Bleacher Report