Millsboro, DE- Delaware State Police arrested Edward McCarron, 47, of Millsboro, on multiple traffic, drug, and weapons charges following a pursuit Friday morning in Millsboro.
On July 30, 2021, at approximately 1:14 a.m., Troopers conducting a proactive patrol in the area of John J Williams Highway and Mount Joy Road observed a white male operating a green camouflage ATV on the public roadway. The troopers attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the ATV on Mount Joy Road, but the male operator refused to stop, and continued onto John J Williams Highway. While fleeing from Troopers, McCarron made multiple traffic violations. McCarron was taken into custody by Troopers without incident after he crashed his ATV into private property on the 27000 block of Merchant Mann Drive. A search of McCarron’s person led to the discovery of a white crystal substance, which was tested, and found to be 2.03 grams of Methamphetamine. The search also revealed a concealed knife. A computer inquiry of McCarron revealed he had active warrants for operating an off-highway vehicle on public roadway.
McCarron was transported to Delaware State Police Troop 7, where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
- Operating an Unregistered Off-Highway Vehicle
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Operating an Off-Highway Vehicle Without a Helmet
- Operating an Off-Highway Vehicle on Private Property
- Off-Highway Vehicle Operator Disobeys Command to Stop
- Illegal Operation of an Off-Highway Vehicle
- Operate an Off-Highway Vehicle in Violation of Traffic Control Devices
McCarron was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court #3 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $3,100.00 secured bond.
The post Millsboro man charged with weapons, drug charges after police pursuit appeared first on Shore News Network.