Massachusetts Man Sentenced to 33 Months for Seeking Sex with Minor

            CONCORD – Keith Colantonio, 39, of Milford, Massachusetts was sentenced to 33 months in federal prison for traveling with the intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct, Acting United States Attorney John J. Farley announced today.

            According to court documents and statements made in court, in May of 2019, members of the New Hampshire Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (ICAC) conducted an undercover investigation targeting online sexual offenders.  A detective created an undercover online persona of a 14-year-old girl residing in Nashua.  Between May 21 and May 23, 2019, Colantonio engaged in sexually-charged conversations on social media with the undercover officer.  On May 23, 2019, Colantonio traveled from Massachusetts to Nashua for the purpose of meeting the young girl to engage in illicit sexual conduct.  When Colantonio arrived at the pre-determined location for the meeting, he was arrested.

           Colantonio previously pleaded guilty on March 23, 2021. 

           “Dangerous predators lurk on the internet seeking to manipulate and sexually exploit young children,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Farley.  “Thanks to good criminal investigative work, this defendant was unable to fulfill his unlawful goal of having sex with a young girl.  As this case demonstrates, we work closely with our law enforcement partners to identify and prosecute the criminals who threaten the well being of children in the Granite State.”

           “We’re very satisfied with today’s sentence for this child sex predator who posed a clear threat to our communities based on his actions in this investigation” said Matthew B. Millhollin, Special Agent in Charge, Homeland Security Investigations, (HSI) Boston. “Colantonio would likely have continued to victimize others were it not for the tireless work of our partners in the New Hampshire Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. We also appreciate the continuing commitment of the U.S. Attorney for New Hampshire in seeking justice for the victims of child predators in our region.”

           “The New Hampshire Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force is proud to partner with our Federal Law Enforcement partners at Homeland Security Investigations and the US Attorney’s Office in an effort to protect the children of New Hampshire.  NH ICAC would like to remind parents to stay vigilant and talk with your children about their online activity. For more information please visit www.missingkids.org” said Lt. Eric Kinsman, Commander, NH ICAC Task Force.

            This matter was investigated by the New Hampshire Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force and Homeland Security Investigations.  The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Cam Le.

            In February 2006, the Department of Justice introduced Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.  Led by the United States Attorney’s Offices, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.projectsafechildhood.gov.

                           

 

###

Office Hours:

M-F 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

During inclement weather, please check wmur closings/delays

 

Join our Campaign

#CrimeFreeNH

 

Project Safe Childhood

 

Victim Witness Assistance

Making sure that victims of federal crimes are treated with compassion, fairness and respect.

 

Learn More

The post Massachusetts Man Sentenced to 33 Months for Seeking Sex with Minor appeared first on Shore News Network.