Hagerstown garage fire deemed accidental

HAGERSTOWN, MD – A fire in a detached garage in Hagerstown has been deemed accidental after a clogged stove pipe trapped fire and heat, allowing it to escape into the rafters of the structure’s roof, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshall.  The building at 12219 West Lawn Ln, Hagerstown, Washington County was a 5 bay industrial and commercial garage.  The fire was contained and extinguished by the Halfway Volunteer Fire Department. No injuries were reported, but over $100,000 worth of damage was done to the building and its contents. It took 37 firefighters 17 minutes to get the fire under control