COLUMBUS, OH – The city of Columbus officially has a problem, and this weekend it got much worse. Police officers here said on Saturday night, seven shootings were reported over a four-hour period.
- A 16-year-old girl was shot as she sat at her table in her dining room at 1:37 am on Apple Street.
- An 18-year-old male was shot after being involved in a motor vehicle crash on Cleveland Avenue. When the victim saw the other driver exit the vehicle with a gun, he returned to his vehicle and fled the scene after being struck twice by the shooter’s bullets.
- At 11:02 pm, thirteen rounds were fired into a vehicle with two occupants, on E. 15th Avenue and Hamilton. No injuries were reported.
- A 27-year-old man was shot in the stomach at 1:44 am at the Shell gas station on I-71 and Hudson. The victim required surgery and is expected to recover.
- A 31-year-old man was shot near E. Hudson and Dresden Street and transported for gunshot wounds to his back. He was heading home from work when a grey car pulled alongside his and began firing into his car.
- A 24-year-old man was shot in the back in the area of 161 and 71.