Rehoboth Beach– Delaware State Police arrested 42-year-old Jonathan Raymond of Milton and 42-year-old Christopher Hertrich of Rehoboth Beach on drug charges following a traffic stop Thursday morning.
On August 19, 2021, at approximately 3:04 a.m., a trooper on patrol in the area of Coastal Highway (Route 1) at the canal bridge, observed a silver Kia Spectra traveling southbound without its lights on. A traffic stop was initiated on the vehicle southbound Route 1 at Spring Lake Drive. Upon contact with the operator, identified as Jonathan Raymond, and the front seat passenger, identified as Christopher Hertrich, the trooper observed suspected heroin inside of the vehicle.
The trooper then took both suspects into custody without incident. Subsequently, a probable cause search was conducted and the trooper discovered approximately 3.226 grams of heroin, 77 Suboxone strips, .49 grams of cocaine, 5 Xanax pills, and other drug paraphernalia inside of the vehicle.
Raymond and Hertrich were transported to Troop 7, where they were each charged with the following crimes:
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Controlled Substance Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Tier 1 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – 2 counts
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 3 counts
Hertrich was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court #2 and released on his own recognizance.
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Failure to Have Lights on When Required
- Failure to Have Insurance Identification in Possession
Raymond was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court #2 and released on his own recognizance.
The post Alleged drug dealer charged during traffic stop in Rehoboth Beach appeared first on Shore News Network.